Pages

Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Recount - sailing trip -

Hello, bloggers we have had several trips this year, but sailing was the second best next to camp! On Friday, the second of november we went sailing on lake rua. Firstly, we got on the bus and went to Lake Rua. When we made it to lake rua, we all packed off the bus and sat down on an tarp. When the instructors came and told us how to build the boat like puting the mast and the rutor and tying a knot for the rope . After building the boat we got shown how to get speed on the boat, and how to slow down. After we where a master at getting speed, we got shown what to do if the sail came around to you. I wasn't that good at it but I still got to the side I had to.

After that we got life jackets on, so  if we fall off we don't go under the water. When we got our life jackets on we went down to the water bed to get in a boat. When it was my turn in a boat I was worried because I felt like I was going to fall out of  the boat but I only had waves hit the side of the boat. However, I nearly fell overboard!!!

After that we had lunch. When lunch was over we got to walk around and talk. After having a break we went back into the water to have another go at sailing. I had at least seven turns at sailing. Most of the time I would get stuck in one place and not be able to get out.  After getting out of the boat for the seventh time we went back took our life jackets off and took the boat apart and putting the pieces back where they came from. I can sum up the day in one word and that is extraordinary.


      

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Something helpful - add more info or ask me a question.
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning?