Pages

Friday, August 31, 2018

My long write the rubbish hill










Hello, bloggers, on Friday we got to do a free write about rubbish of something like that.
I got 404 words and four paragraphs. My favorite was finding the Picture to use




A lot of rubbish
A hill of rubbish
Bad for the environment
A lot of plastic
Bad for the sea
Bad for sea and land creatures

When I woke up this morning I went to my backyard and I saw my dog barking at something,
when I went around the corner I saw it a pile of rubbish and it was our rubbish. I think the garbage truck got full and all of the rubbish went flying everywhere because when I looked over the fence all of the neighbors had a huge hill of rubbish too. When I looked to my left neighbor he was starting to dig a hole well that's going to take a long time. I went to get the shovel but by the time I got them I remembered when I
used it broke.
I dashed to the shovel store but the man said ¨ sorry we are all out ¨.
When it got out of the store the wind was whooshing and that meant that the rubbish was flying.
When I looked up I saw all the rubbish flying to the beach and I saw a bird going to a plastic bag.
so I dashed to the tree and got the bag before the bird could get to it. When I was done with the bird,
I dashed to the beach to find a lot of rubbish in the water so I went in with a splash.  
When I was in the water I was splashing around grabbing the rubbish out. But there was a turtle going to a plastic bag I swam as fast as I could.
I grabbed the bag before turtle than the turtle swam the other way then I went to the garbage truck place and said ¨send more trucks out at a time¨ than from that point on there were three trucks at a time.
Then I dug a hole with my old shovel because the old shovel was a toy shovel so I dug a hole.
Then I put water in than I had just made a free pool.
Then my dog had jumped in and made an big splash and got my face wet.
So I splashed him back then he went to the other side
but kicked so much water at my face I got the hose and put it on spray and hit him with so much water.
When I looked at my neighbor he was still digging a hole by the time he was done he saw
no rubbish the filling up the hole.       

4 comments:

  1. I love the way you have used this theme to remind me about how important it is to think about rubbish. Your writing is somewhat dreamlike and it is wonderful to imagine you 'dashing' just like you do on the basketball court.

    Do you ever wonder where the rubbish goes and how we can stop making so much rubbish?

    I look forward to your next blog post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Toby,

    Thank you for sharing your long write. I really enjoyed reading it and I can see you have made connections between the rubbish we create and how it affects the animal and sea life. Have you started to make changes to the things you use because of this?

    :) Mrs Spragg

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Toby! I am so impressed with how much your writing has developed since last year! You have taken an interesting idea and made it informative and entertaining. What would you do with all your rubbish is the council trucks didn't take it all away for you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia oa miss lang. thanks for looking at my blog. This was the only long write that the kids could chose what we wrote about. If I had all this
      rubbish I would try to recycle or reuse it. What would you do if you had all that rubbish?

      Delete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Something helpful - add more info or ask me a question.
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning?