Pages

Wednesday, March 3, 2021

Bunsen flames

 Hello, we heated up water with a bunsen burner to see the difference between the flames. We had to fill a beaker half full and then put it on the set-up for the bunsen burner to heat for 5 minutes then use the thermometer to see what the heat is on the water. When I put the thermometer in the water and saw the heat rise super fast. I enjoyed doing this experiment because I was shocked to see the heat rise so fast. We had to make it a fair test so we got the best results. To make this as fair as possible we need to have the water at the same temperature and do them at the same time. The ways we get the flames is to get the safety flame (1) is to close the air hole and to get the blue flame (4) is to open the air hole. 


1 comment:

  1. Hi Toby
    Having your measurements in a result table will clearly show that the blue flame was the hottest.
    To insure that your experiment is a fair test, you must change only one factor at a time while keeping all other conditions the same. What did we change? What did we keep the same?

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Something helpful - add more info or ask me a question.
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning?